Runway, Highway and Walkways De-icer
What Is It?
- Isomex is a de-icing and an anti-icing agent.
- It’s a liquid formula with 50% Potassium Acetate.
- Isomex is the most environmentally-friendly solution for ice control on airport runways.
- It has significantly lower BOD and COD compared to formerly used glycol-urea based products.
- It produces no ammonia upon breakdown.
- Isomex is extremely effective under a wide range of conditions, especially at temperatures below -32°C. The freezing point of the product is below -50°C.
- It is approved by both UK and US Aerospace and runway construction standards and by water authorities and environmental agencies, as well as with the Pacific Northwest Snowfighters.
- The product contains corrosion inhibitors to reduce damage to highway structure and bridges.
- The product is available in 10L jugs, 450L and 1000L IBC’s.
When & Why Use It?
- Use to de-ice concrete surfaces, walkways, highways, bridges and runways.
- Use to prevent ice build-up after clearing snow and before snow fall or freezing rain.
- Isomex as a liquid formula allows a rapid, accurate and uniform application and does not represent any harmful effect to the users and wildlife.
- Isomex is faster acting than solid urea and produces an increased skid resistance on the treated surface when compared with glycol.
What To Expect?
- Rapid and effective control of ice to ensure a safe and efficient operation at airports, on roadways and bridges and on walkways.
- A low footprint with no hazard to the environment.
- Safer use to the applicator and wildlife.
- No stain on the treated surfaces.
- No corrosion effect.
For Ice Prevention:
- 15 ml per square metre
For Clearing Established Ice:
- 30 ml per square metre and repeat until ice is controlled