What is Personal Information?
Personal information is any information or data that can be used to identify an individual. This could include information that relates to your Internet Protocol address, geographical location, interests and characteristics, or even views. In most circumstances, personal information does not include information that is available on public record.
The privacy of personal information is important to OMEX Canada. We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of your personal information, and collecting it in a responsible manner, and only to the extent necessary to provide the quality of goods and services of our business to our customers. We strive to be open and transparent in how we handle your personal information.
We endeavor to follow the 10 fair information principles as laid out in Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). We let these principles govern and inform our actions as they relate to the collection and use of your information.
OMEX Canada is responsible for maintaining and protecting the personal information under its control and shall designate an individual to be a compliance officer. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that OMEX Canada is in continual compliance with the 10 principle areas of the Act.
2. Disclosure of Purpose
The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified and disclosed to users before or at the time the information is collected.
3. Knowledge and Consent
OMEX Canada will seek consent and ensure the individual is informed of the purposes, use or disclosure of the personal information in a meaningful way, except where required or permitted by Law.
4. Limiting Collection
The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by OMEX Canada. The information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting use, Disclosure and Retention
The personal information we collect is only used, disclosed or retained for its original intended purpose, unless consent is provided for a different use or disclosure (or as required by Law). Personal information is only retained as long as necessary for the fulfillment of these purposes.
6. Accuracy of Information
We attempt to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete and as up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
7. Security of Information
Personal information shall be protected by appropriate security safeguards determined by the sensitivity of the information. OMEX Canada will prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification of personal information.
OMEX Canada shall make publicly available specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
9. Individual Access
Upon request, OMEX Canada will provide an individual with information and access to the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate and/or removed from our records.
10. Challenging Compliance
Should you wish to address a challenge concerning our compliance with the above principles, the designated individual accountable for the organization’s compliance will address your concerns as required by PIPEDA.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you.
While using our service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking and Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our service. You can learn more how to manage cookies in the Browser Cookies Guide.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Transfer and Distribution of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Canada and process it there.
OMEX Canada does not sell or trade to third parties any personally identifiable data.
Security of Data
OMEX Canada stores information in secure databases. All databases are password protected. In addition, data transmitted to our website is encrypted in transit for added security and protection. The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Facebook Conversion Tracking PixelThis website utilizes the Conversion Tracking Pixel service of Facebook Inc. This tool allows us to follow the actions of users after they are redirected to a provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook advertisement. We are thus able to record the effectiveness of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The collected data remains anonymous. This means that OMEX Canada cannot see the personal data of any individual user. However, the collected data is saved and processed by Facebook. We are informing you on this matter according to our information at this time. Facebook is able to connect the data with your Facebook account and use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy found under: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/Facebook Conversion Tracking also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside of Facebook. In addition, a cookie will be saved onto your computer for these purposes.Only users over 13 years of age may give their permission. Please click here if you would like to revoke your permission: https://www.facebook.com/ads/website_custom_audiences/.
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage- cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Please note that blocking cookies may have a negative impact on the functions of many websites, including our site. Some features of the site may cease to be available to you.
Links to other sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If you do not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should then contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.priv.gc.ca (or 30 Victoria Street, Gatineau, Quebec, K1A 1H3), who will then serve as a liaison with OMEX Canada to resolve your concerns.