Strengthens and Prevents Lodging
What Is it?
- Fortis is a low salt index liquid fertilizer with high levels of Copper, Manganese and Zinc.
- The product is formulated with fully water soluble ingredients and OMEX’s proprietary technology that enhances uptake and translocation, while minimizing tissue damage.
- The product is available in 10L jugs, 450L and 1000L IBC’s.
When & Why Use It?
- Fortis is recommended on all cereal crops at the flag leaf stage.
- Crop lodging is caused among others (K deficiency, Mn deficiency, too much rain and wind…) by a weak straw strength.
- Yield and grain quality losses to lodging could be significant as it hampers gain fill and may lead to premature sprouting.
- Copper and Manganese are key micronutrients for the process of lignification, which allows for the thickening of the straw.
- Manganese is a trigger for the shikimate pathway and plant health.
- Zinc stimulates the use of Phosphorus and enhances metabolism.
- Boron is an important component for cell wall structure.
What To Expect?
- Fortis improves lignification and straw strength and help prevent lodging.
- Fortis corrects Copper, Manganese, Zinc and Boron deficiencies.
- Fortis improves chlorophyll production and photosynthesis.
- Given the role of Copper for pollen fertility, Fortis contributes to ergot prevention and seed quality.
- Apply Fortis at 1L /ac with a minimum of 10 US gal of water (15 US gal is preferred).
- Recommended alone. If tank-mixed with fungicides see compatibility charts. Some combination may be physically compatible but may cause bronzing effect on the leaves.
- Fortis is a Copper containing product and as such should be sprayed with a high water volume, especially if tank-mixed with fungicides that require higher rates of surfactant.
- Avoid spraying Fortis under hot and dry conditions. Spray preferably late during the day going to the evening. Bronzing from Fortis does not lead to yield losses.