The Iron Chlorosis Corrector
Analysis (EDDHA-Fe 3%)
What Is It?
- FeRRoGREEN is a liquid fertilizer formulated with 3% Fe in EDDHA form.
- The EDDHA-chelated Orth-Ortho form of Iron is the most available form in-furrow in a variety of soil conditions.
- The product is available in 10L jugs, 450L and 1000L IBC’s.
When & Why Use It?
- FeRRoGREEN is recommended on a wide variety of field crops, ornamentals, turf, vegetables and fruits trees to mitigate or correct iron deficiency.
- It is most effective when applied during the vegetative growth stage.
- The best application is in-furrow but the product can also be applied by drip irrigation, drenching or side-dressing.
- Soybeans interveinal Iron chlorosis is a nutrient deficiency that leads to the yellowing of the foliage and stunting of the plants.
- It is a yield limiting factor in many areas where soils are calcareous with a limited availability of Iron.
- The symptoms typically appear a few weeks after seedlings emergence as interveinal chlorosis on the first trifoliate leaves. The leaves eventually turn yellow with dark green veins with necrotic edges that may progress to the center. The entire plant dies if the severity of the deficiency is high.
- Due to the poor Iron translocation in plants, the new growth becomes more affected as the deficiency intensifies.
- The symptoms tend to show up in irregularly shaped spots randomly distributed across a field.
- Iron uptake is believed to occur through the root tip. However, recent findings have shown that the majority of usable Iron is absorbed through the root hairs.
What To Expect?
- The usage of FeRRoGREEN in-furrow on soybeans, grown in area with low-, moderate- and high-iron chlorosis prevalence, prevented and/or corrected iron chlorosis and led to a prolonged “greenness” of the leaves.
- The application of FeRRoGREEN in areas with calcareous and high pH soils, prone to develop iron deficiency, has shown a correction of the shortage and a prevention of yield loss.
- Keeping the leaves green prevented a decrease in photosynthesis rate and carbohydrate translocation, hence preserving yield.
- FeRRoGREEN is compatible with commonly used pesticides and fertilizers and easily tank-mixed (Check compatibility charts).
Field Crops: Such as soybeans, corn, sunflowers and alfalfa: apply 0.5-2.0 L/ac in-furrow or foliar.
Vegetables: Such as potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, melons, squash, carrots, celery, onions, beans, lettuce, spinach, cabbage, cauliflowers and other cucurbits: apply 1.0-4.0 L/ac at planting or during vegetative growth.
Trees: Apply 1-6 L/ac by drenching or drip-irrigation.
Berry Crops: Apply 1-4 L/ac (250-500ml per 1,000 row ft) in-furrow, by drenching, side-dressing or drip-irrigation.
Vineyards: Apply 1-8 L/ac.
Ornamentals: Apply 60ml per 1,000 square feet or 60-120 ml per 1,000 row feet.
Turf: Apply 60-120ml per 1,000 square feet every 5-6 weeks.