The Natural Elicitor
Analysis: 4% Chitosan
What Is It?
- CFIA-registered supplement: Reg. # 2017113A, Fertilizers Act.
- Chitosan™ is a compound naturally found in crustacean shells and fungal cell walls, and can be very beneficial to plant production and growth.
- Chitosan™ enhances plant survival and yield in times of heat or cold stress and drought.
- When foliar-applied to crops it allows the plants to grow with less water.
- Exogenous application of Chitosan™ has also been shown to accelerate growth and germination as well as improve the quality of flowers and fruit.
- Applied to produce, Chitosan™ helps prolong their shelf life and prevents early decays.
- Application of Chitosan™ can trigger plant defense responses and lead to a significant reduction in disease pressure.
- Timing of application is also crucial for insuring a beneficial effect.
When & Why Use It?
- The product is recommended on all crops including field, horticultural and vegetable crops as well as fruit trees, turf and ornamentals.
- Chitosan™ improves seed germination and seedling establishment.
- Apply Chitosan™ to improve the overall health and resilience of the crop to stressful conditions (cold, heat, drought, …).
- Chitosan™ helps plants manage water use efficiency.
- As a biostimulant, Chitosan™ triggers plant’s natural immunity against pathogens and can be used to complement fungicides effect.
- Applied post-harvest, Chitosan™ can prolong produce shelf life.
What To Expect?
- An improved growth and development especially under cold, hot & drought stress conditions.
- Healthier crops often yield higher.
- Better seed and fruit quality.
- Follow the recommended rates and timin listed on the label for each crop and do not exceed the recommendation.
- To prepare solution, add one half the total amount of water, add recommended volume of Chitosan™ and continue adding water until desired application volume is reached.
- For foliar applications, apply with minimum volume of 10 US gal/ac.
*Chitosan™ is a trademark of EZ-Gro Inc.