- Apply CalMax Complete 3 times per season, beginning at tuber initiation.
- Subsequent applications should be on 10-14 day intervals.
- Application rate: 1.0 L CalMax and 0.6 L uPtaKe/ac.
- Order of addition to sprayer is (1)water, (2)CalMax Complete and (3)pesticide.
Direction for Use
- The spray tank should be filled with half of the required amount of water.
- After shaking the container, measure the required amount of CalMax.
- Always shake container before opening and add to the tank whilst maintaining constant agitation. Add remaining water to correct dilution.
CALCIUM GROW OUT TRIAL…
- All tubers from the 1999 CalMax trials (treated and check) were planted in 2000.
- Objective was to determine if calcium could improve plant vigor and yield / quality on the following crop.
- Tubers from 20 different trials were planted out (40 plots). 20’ rows, spaced 12” on center.
- Each plot was hand harvested, weighed and graded.
- Significant effect on the Russet Burbank (7/8 trials): size shift and yield
- No net effect on the Shepody
- Effect on fresh market (red) potatoes: (236 vs. 264 cwt/ac)
- Significant yield differences between seed stocks