The Readily Available Boron
Super B Analysis (10% Boron)
KB78 Analysis (8% Boron)
What Is it?
- Liquid fertilizer with high guaranteed analysis of Boron.
- Formulated with the most available form of Boron for foliar uptake (boric acid).
- OMEX Boron solutions are formulated to reduce Point of Deliquescence1 and promote nutrient uptake by the plant.
- The product is available in 10L jugs, 450L and 1000L IBC’s.
When & Why Use It?
- Recommended on a variety of field, horticultural and vegetable crops.
- Use to mitigate or correct Boron deficiency and supplement soil-applied boron.
- Boron is critical for cell division, cell wall structure, and sugar transport.
- Increasing Boron levels in the plant, makes plants less attractive to insects and complements the effect of insecticides.
- Application of Boron accelerates the translocation of carbohydrates in the plant and helps with grain fill.
- Boron is highly recommended after hail because it is involved in the wound-healing process.
- It is essential for the formation of viable pollen and therefore seed fertilization and development.
- Boron can be deficient during hot and dry conditions.
- Flower abortion (heat blast) and blanks in canola pods are visible signs of Boron deficiency.
- Boron is immobile in plants, but vital at critical times. It is required in small doses, in the right quantities, at the right time and is crucial at flowering time, to reduce Point of Deliquescence.
What To Expect?
- Stronger plants with a better xylem and phloem vessels.
- Better seed set; less missing seeds in the pod and less abortion.
- Induces branching in some crops (i.e., soybeans).
- When used with Nutri-Boost or C3, it helps with wound healing and allows for a faster recovery from hail damage.
- KB78 contains Potassium (K) and represents an added-value when K is deficient, under hot and dry conditions and when crop is switching to reproductive mode.
- 0.5-1.0 L/ac with a minimum of 5-10 US gal/ water.
- Multiple applications are recommended especially under severe deficiencies.
- Do not apply more than 1.5 L/ac in one single spray. If the crop requires more than this rate, split into multiple applications allowing two weeks between sprays.
- Can be combined with pesticides (see compatibility charts).
Hail Damage Simulation - Canola (Heavy Clay, Oakville MB)
Hail Damage Simulation - Soybeans (Heavy Clay, Oakville MB)
Super B® after hail (Southern Alberta)
Heavy Clay (Oakville MB)