Isoway™ De-icer for Walkways
What Is It?
- Isoway is a de-icing and an anti-icing agent that is safe, easy to handle, long lasting with visually measured results.
- It is a liquid ready-to-use formula with 25% Potassium Acetate.
- It produces no ammonia upon breakdown.
- Potassium Acetate deicer is approved by Pacific Northwest Snowfighters.
- The product is available in 10L jugs, 450L and 1000L IBC’s.
When & Why Use It?
- Isoway is for use on footpaths and public thoroughfares and anywhere ice poses a risk to pedestrians and users.
- Safer for use on concrete, wood and near plants and vegetation. It is also non-harmful to vehicles and equipment.
- Isoway is supplied as a ready-to-use liquid formula which is easy to handle with no protective clothing required.
- Unlike salt, Isoway is non-corrosive.
- Compared to salt, Isoway remains effective on ice at temperatures as low as -25°C.
What To Expect?
- Isoway rapidly penetrates the snow pack, quickly breaking the bond between ice and the ground surface and allowing easy removal by brushing or shoveling.
- Isoway remains on the ground to inhibit further ice formation on the treated surfaces.
For Ice Prevention:
- • 15 ml per square metre
For Clearing Established Ice:
- 30 ml per square metre and repeat until ice is controlled
- To prevent ice forming, Isoway can be applied before a frost. This will prevent ice formation for 24-48 hours unless washed from the treated surface.
- Pour straight from the jug or drum into your choice of applicator.
- For small areas the most convenient way is via a watering can, using a fine hose.
- For larger areas application by standard sprayer is ideal, from simple hand-pumped garden sprayers to more sophisticated ‘backpack’ sprayers with hand held booms.
|Appearance||Slightly straw coloured clear solution|
|Potassium||acetate 26% (w/w)|
|pH||7.13 - 8.5|
|Specific gravity||1.24 - 1.28|
|Viscosity||10 - 20 mPa|
|Shelf life||24 months|