Trigger Defense Response & Prevents the Build-up of Resistance
Analysis: 0-0-4.6 with 10% SA (Salicylic Acid)
What Is It?
- CFIA-registered supplement: Reg. # 2018xxxA, Fertilizers Act
- The product contains salicylic acid (SA), an important plant hormone that regulates several processes of crops growth and development, photosynthesis, transpiration, ion uptake and transport as well defense responses against pathogens and pests.
- SA regulates processes spanning from seed germination to nodulation, stomatal opening and thermoregulation to respiration and immune responses.
- Salicylic Acid improves resistance to environmental stressors including drought, temperature, and salinity; and enhances flowering and fruit yield.
- SA is typically produced in the infected parts of the plant and is translocated systemically to alert the healthy parts. This process is called the Systemic Acquired Resistance.
- Applications of very low levels of SA prior to the disease spread or in combination with mono-site fungicides (i.e., Strobilurins) can lead to a significant reduction in disease pressure.
When & Why Use It?
- The product is recommended on all crops including field, horticultural and vegetable crops as well as fruit trees, turf and ornamentals.
- Use SA to keep crops healthy.
- SA helps prolong crop tolerance/resistance to biotic stress caused by pathogens and pests.
- Use SA to prevent infection by biotrophs or to reinforce the effect of mono-site fungicides (i.e., Strobilurins) in controlling them.
- The use of SA alongside mono-site fungicides is a tool to reduce resistance build-up on the farm.
What To Expect?
- Healthier crops and long lasting effect of disease control when used together with fungicides.
- An improved growth and development especially under cool and cold stress conditions.
- Healthier crops often yield higher.
- Better seed and fruit quality.
- Follow the recommended rates and timing listed on the label for each crop and do not exceed the recommendation.
- StimPro-SA-L-10%™ can be used as a foliar spray, a soil drench and through fertigation systems.
- Compatible and can be mixed with most fungicides, insecticides and other liquid fertilizers.
- Do not mix concentrates together.
- Add water to spray tank to ¾ full followed by StimPro-SA-L-10%™, pesticides and fertilizers.
- When mixing with liquid fertilizer, do not exceed the recommended rate of 20 ml/ac/application.
* StimPro-SA™ is a trademark of EZ-Gro Inc.