For Increased Strength and Lodging Resistance
Analysis (0-8-0 with 62% Si)
What Is it?
- SW7 is a silicon-based wetting and spreading agent designed to give enhanced uptake of foliar nutrients.
- SW7 has an analysis of 0-8-0 with 62% Si and compatible with a wide range of fertilizers and pesticides and additives.
- This product is available in 1L jugs.
When & Why Use It?
- Silicon displaces water in plant tissue as desiccation occurs in leaf tissue thereby increasing the plants strength in dry conditions.
- SW7 improves uptake of foliar nutrients applied to the leaves and supplies a source of silicon. The absorption of silicon does not reduce manganese uptake, but causes homogenous distribution of manganese in the leaf blade.
- Silicon has a structural role but secondarily play a role in preventing the development of certain diseases and deterring pests such as aphids, red spider mite, thrips and whitefly.
- Silicon is widely recognized as a beneficial element to many crops. It is transported in the xylem and deposited in the epidermal cells. It complexes with calcium in the cell walls and acts as a physical strengthener and also to alleviate abiotic and biotic stress.
- Adding the wetting agent to spray solutions improves the wettability of the leaves.
- It helps break the surface tension.
- Adding SW7 improves the absorption and drying time of the solution.
What to Expect?
- Enhanced growth and development with and upright stature and resistance to lodging.
- High tolerance to excess sunlight in the exposed area, which aids in the protection against temperature extremes and excess UV light.
- Better tolerance to drought, salinity and toxicity from undesirable metals.
- Increased resistance to plant diseases and pests.
- Apply at 0.062-0.155 oz per 1000 sq feet.
- SW7 is available for use on a wide range of crops, including turf.