The Insecticidal Soap
Active Ingredient: Potassium Salts of Fatty Acids
Opal® Insecticidal Soap
- Opal® Insecticidal Soap is a contact insecticide that controls a variety of common garden and crop pests. The easy-to-apply spray can be used indoors, outdoors, and in greenhouses.
- Opal® Insecticidal Soap does not persist in the environment and can be used up to the day of harvest.
Mode of Action
- Opal® acts in two ways: (i) suffocation and disruption of the structure and permeability of insect cell membranes, resulting in death; (ii) via direct contact with pests and has no residual insecticidal activity once the spray has dried.
- Opal® is effective on aphids, earwigs, mealybugs, spider mites, psyllids, pear and rose slugs (sawfly larvae), soft brown scale, whitefly, and other common garden and crop pests.
- Opal® can be used outdoors, indoors and in greenhouses on vegetables, fruit trees, houseplants, ornamental and shade trees, bedding plants, shrubs, and flowers.
- Opal® may be used up to the day of harvest and does not persist in the environment.
- Re-Entry Interval if used indoors: 12 hours
- Pre-Harvest Interval: 0 days
- Please review the product label for application rates and guidelines or talk to an OMEX representative.
- The product is available in 2 × 10L cases, 200L drum and 800L IBC’s.