The Non-Ionic Surfactant, Spreader, Activator
Analysis: 50% Extract of Yucca Schidigera
What Is It?
- CFIA-registered supplement: Reg. # 2018085A, Fertilizers Act.
- It is a natural extract of Yucca schidigera, a plant that grows in some of the harshest environments.
- Yucca™ is a rich source of steroidal saponins as well as other stress-alleviating compounds and antioxidants.
- Saponins are natural surfactants and wetting agents.
- When added to the spray tank, saponins from the Yucca™ extracts reduce the surface tension, hence facilitating the spread of fertilizer solution onto the entire leaf.
- When applied onto the soil with liquid starters, Yucca™ extract acts as a wetting agent reducing the formation of dry spots or water channels. This improves nutrients and water uptake in the root zone.
When & Why Use It?
- The product is recommended on all crops including field, horticultural and vegetable crops as well as fruit trees, turf and ornamentals.
- Include low doses with all sprays or soil applied fertilizers.
- Use with fertilizers to enhance efficacy and improve hydration and coverage.
- Saponins are known for their stimulatory activity of growth and development as well as their protective effect against biotic and abiotic stresses.
What to Expect?
- Better spread and improved coverage of the foliage.
- Improved water use efficiency (WUE).
- Protection against dehydration, excess UV and heat.
- Yucca™ can be mixed with commonly used liquid fertilizers intended for in-furrow or foliar.
- Include with all foliar sprays of fertilizers and/or pesticides.
- Apply with enough water
*Yucca™ is a trademark of EZ-Gro Inc.