OMEX is currently looking for energetic and organized Research Trial Assistants (RTA) for the 2021 field season. The RTAs will take part of the field research activities that support the development, testing and registration of new fertilizer products.
Title: Summer Research Trial Assistant (Term positions of 4 months (May - August) with a possibility of extension)
- Assist with field research activities including, but not limited to; site preparation, seeding, maintenance and in-crop spraying, data collection, entry and analysis, trial maintenance and harvesting;
- Rating the agronomic performance of crops as well as diseases;
- Conducting plant tissue sampling;
- Operating and maintaining small-plot field equipment.
These positions will require working outdoors, occasional travel and extended hours during seasonal peaks.
- Enrolment in an agriculture-related discipline or justify of an agricultural experience;
- Previous research experience is an asset but not required;
- Experience in operating farm equipment is an asset although training will be provided;
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license; a Class 3 license will be an asset.