OMEX Agriculture Inc. is a Canadian fertilizer company with 40+ year experience in over 65 countries including 20 years in Canada. OMEX is a leader in the development of new fertilizer products for the agriculture and horticulture markets, and has a proprietary formulating plant located in Oak Bluff, Manitoba. The company’s R&D department manages an extensive laboratory and field program across Canada and overseas.
We are currently looking for energetic and organized Controller to oversee and manage our financial department.
Title: Financial Controller / Senior Accountant
Responsible for the administration of management accounts, organizational budgeting, financial reporting and administration of accounting processes: • Financial Statement preparation • General ledger reconciliation • Preparation and analysis of various reports • Preparation of monthly financial statements • Assistance in year-end reporting and budgeting • GST remittances • Full cycle accounts payable • Cash flow reporting • Month end reporting including but not limited to asset reporting and analysis • Variance analysis • Review bill of material changes and ensure accuracy • Inventory management.
Duties include and not limited to:
- Oversee accounts payable (full cycle); including ensuring that all corporate expenditures are valid expenses, accurately coded, properly authorized, and paid in a timely manner;
- Supervise the day-to-day accounting functions including bank deposits, project accounting maintenance, and journal entries;
- Month-end procedures including bank reconciliation, account reconciliations and accruals;
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly financial statements for the CEO and Company Director to review. Account for any budget variances and report significant discrepancies to the management;
- Financial analysis and assistance with monthly, quarterly and annual reporting;
- Manage cash flow to improve the financial health of the company;
- Comply with all local and federal tax filings and reporting requirements;
- Plan and complete the Year-End review with external Accounting firm;
- Prepare annual budgets in collaboration with the CEO and other Directors;
- Manufacturing/Production knowledge with experience in inventory management is an asset;
- Facilitate cross training and teamwork to support skills development and continuous improvement of accounting personnel;
- Provide backup assistance to team members when necessary;
- Procedure development and implementation;
- Management projects as assigned.
Desired Skills & Competencies
- CPA designation is an asset, Business degree or actively enrolled in the advanced levels of these programs.
- 5+ years of experience in an accounting-related position with a comparable role.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, analytical and able to work independently and with a diverse group of individuals with a wide variety of skill sets.
- Supervisory experience is an asset.
- Tech savvy with aptitude for learning and mastering new software applications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP, Payroll is an asset.
- Challenges the status quo seeking efficiency, consistency and accuracy.
- Thrives in a fast-paced industry with exceptional organizational and problem-solving.
- Commitment to continuous learning to achieve job related certifications and relevant Professional Accreditations.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be fluent in English – both verbal and written.
Benefits to Working with OMEX:
- Friendly, close-team environment.
- Direct relationship with all levels of the company.
- Healthy Work/Life balance.
- Free parking.
Deadline: February 1st, 2021
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.