We are currently looking for an energetic and organized individual for a full-time Research Associate position. The selected candidate will report to the R&D director and be responsible for laboratory and field research activities that support the development, testing and registration of new plant nutrition products and Biostimulants.
Title: Research Assistant (Full-time)
Salary: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Assist with laboratory and field research activities including, but not limited to; experimentation in the laboratory, site preparation, seeding, maintenance and in-crop spraying, data collection, entry and analysis, trial maintenance and harvesting;
- Rating the agronomic performance of crops as well as diseases;
- Conducting soil and plant tissue sampling;
- Operate and maintain small-plot equipment (tractor, seeder, sprayer, mower, planter, tandem disc, combine, …).
- Safe working attitude and safe operation of field equipment and vehicles is a must.
This position will require working outdoors, occasional travel and extended hours during seasonal peaks.
- B.Sc. degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Plant Science or related discipline.
- Previous laboratory and/or field research experience is an asset.
- Agronomy, design and conduction of field trials is a must.
- Experience in operating farm equipment is an asset.
- Must have a valid Class 1 or 3 driver’s license or willing to get one upon hiring.